Did God command humanity to be vegan? Watch TT19 as we discuss what the Bible says about eating vegetables. We also discuss how eating, and food deserts impact the urban communities.
29 God said, “See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.”
The word “see” is demonstrative: SEE!!!!! LOOK!!!
16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You may freely eat of every tree of the garden; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die.”
10 Leading Causes of Death for African Americans
|1. Heart Disease||6. Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease|
|2. Cancer||7. Nephritis, Nephrotic Syndrome, & Nephrosis (Kidney Diseases)|
|3. Stroke||8. Homicide|
|4. Unintentional Injuries||9. Sepsis|
|5. Diabetes||10. Alzheimer’s Disease|
- The number of black ambulatory care visits (to physician offices, hospital outpatient and emergency departments) with hypertension as primary diagnosis: 46.3 million
- The Percentage of black non-institutionalized adults ages 20 and over with hypertension: 31.9%
- The Percent of black nursing home residents with hypertension: 53.0%
Why is it difficult to eat healthy?
- We choose convenience over health
- We are tempted to choose convenience on a daily basis
- We focus on goals but should be focusing on a lifestyle
- Food Deserts
Why is it difficult to exercise?
- Get team support
- Surround yourself with positive people who are on the path to becoming healthy or more healthy than you
- Don’t take shortcuts
- Think of food as fuel (put it high grade or quality)
- Use verbal affirmations
- Use social media for motivation
- Follow people who inspire you to be healthy
- It’s ok to treat yourself every now and then
- Try one new vegan dish or restaurant per month
- Get a coach
- Remember you goal is to have a healthy lifestyle, diets associated with a weight loss number often fail
- See Daniel chapter 1
Daniel lived a meat free life style
 The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version. (1989). (Ge 1:29–30). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
 The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version. (1989). (Ge 2:16–17). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.