Theology Thursday 14. What an event. A full scale youth service broke out in the Wegman’s Cafe. Well it isn’t what you think. A group of kids got so noisy that we had to pick up and moved while we were live. We still managed a great session.
Watch the video as we discuss how to resolve conflict within your friendships.
- Keep others out, do not triangle people in (unless they are a professional)
- Think about what you’re really upset about. (Get to the heart of it, not the surface-y stuff)
- Think about how to clearly get that across. (Write it down first if you have to)
- Make the first move
- Begin with your mistakes
- Be sure your mistakes and disappointments are expressed in an honest and kind manner.
- Talk about it when it’s somewhat fresh but not so long after that the other person will be disconnected from it.
- Listen for their hurt perspective
- Fix the problem, not the blame (attack the issue)
- Express your unmet need/ Express the emotion that came up during your conflict
- Find out if your unmet need can be met
- Consider a mediator if things get too crazy